Welcome to the California Career Development Association,
a professional organization for career development practitioners to connect and collaborate on issues, policies and practices relating to career development. CCDA's membership is inclusive of all career development service providers, including counselors, educators, technicians, paraprofessionals, business professionals, and graduate students. The CCDA community represents a wide array of settings, including education, private practice, business and industry, public agencies, and private institutions.
- Extra! Extra! -
So California Regional Conference, May 13, Glendale, CA-
Join a diverse group of career development professionals for a day of networking and sharing of resources to help career counselors and coaches advocate for social change. Representatives from academia, nonprofit, government and business will present best practices for engaging in multicultural competent career counseling and empowering individuals to create systemic change. During interactive workshops you will learn about opportunities to engage in public education to help protect the rights of the most vulnerable populations we serve. You will return to your organization with a toolbox of successful strategies for actively guiding policies and procedures toward inclusivity, accessibility and fairness. And finally, we hope you will be inspired by ideas on how you can bring career counseling to traditionally underserved populations.
||Keynote Speaker Kenjus Watson teaches courses on Intergroup Dialogue and Intergroup Relations at Occidental College. He has been involved with Dialogue and social justice education since 2004 and has established Dialogue programs at several universities.
- Creating a Support Program that Promotes the Advancement of Immigrant Professionals in the U.S.
- Helping Human Trafficking Survivors: Journey to Recovery & Self-Sufficiency
- 100 Years of Social Justice - Goodwill Southern California
- Racial Battle Fatigue Syndrome and the Psychosocial Health of African-American Men
- The Educational and Career Challenges and Solutions of Transition-Age Foster Youth
- Walking in Their Shoes: Counseling Strategies for Creating Career Pathways and Increasing Employability
- Career Counseling for Gender Diverse Communities
- Barriers that College Women in STEM Face
- Positive Psychology and Career Success
Mark Your Calendar:
See Recorded Career Webinars from National and International Experts:
Click here to access archived webinars
Webinars sponsored in collaboration with APCDA (Asia Pacific Career Development Association) whereby CCDA members get “member” registration
Date to be Announced:
How to Build a Nontraditional Career Path
Presenter: Dr.Ron Elsdon is a founder of organizations in the career and workforce development fields and has more than 25 years of leadership experience in various sectors
1 CEU from NCDA
Click here to register
San Fernando Valley Chapter event:
Thursday, May 5th, 6pm-7:30pm
At the Salvation Army Center, 14917 Victory Bl. , Van Nuys: "Veterans Career Transition and Development Forum." The discussion will focus on the unique challenges of veterans, best practices when working with them, and common career avenues.
Register Here - be sure to click on May 5th calendar item.
View Our Eventspiration Page to see our past events.
Coming this Summer:
in the works . . .
We have several cool ideas that we are working on to build our website's functionality, convenience, and member support -- we just need
a few more hands!
. . . how you can help
join our all-volunteer force to help us build:
- enhanced member database for networking and referrals
- continuous conversation via topic-focused forums
- more critical news on California career issues
- hot regional resources to help your clients
- best practices and professional development
To learn more, contact our Communications Chair.
Mission & Purpose | History | Bylaws | Local Chapters