CCDA provides a leadership role in career development through its Executive Board and collaborative network of local chapters statewide.
CCDA promotes high standards of professionalism and conducts career development conferences and meetings each throughout the year, encouraging professional growth and development of its members.
CCDA conducts workshops and presentations for the community to stimulate the recognition of its dedication to career development for all individuals.
CCDA plays an active role in encouraging awareness of public policy related to career development services within the State of California by providing legislative reporting and public policy updates that are relevant to career counselors in California.
CCDA strives to keep its members abreast of current CCDA news, events, career materials, and programs by featuring a dynamic online newsletter.
CCDA encourages research about career development and research grant funding to members for innovative projects. The Association also presents Recognition Awards to outstanding members.
CCDA members receive:
- affiliation with the largest community of career development professionals and paraprofessionals in the state.
- reduced registration rates to a variety of CCDA Regional Conferences and other local professional development activities and events.
- reduced or waived fees to all CCDA local chapter events, featuring workshops on the latest career development techniques, resources, information, and assessments, as well as providing a local venue for professional affiliation.
- Continuing Educational Units (CEUs) through many CCDA sponsored conferences, events and e-learning experiences.
- the CCDA NEWS dynamic online newsletter, the main communication vehicle for career development information in the state.
- access to the lowest professional liability insurance rates available to California career development practitioners.
- the CCDA Membership Directory, an online database resource of all members of the organization, listed both by geographic location and work setting.
- sponsors local chapters and chapter events throughout the state.
- monitors public policy and reports to the membership on important legislative issues.
- funds research mini-grants, project development mini-grants, and graduate student scholarships to expand professional development opportunities for students.
- sends delegates to the National Career Development Association Convention to represent California career development service providers on policy issue votes.
- maintains active involvement with the CALPCC (California Association for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors).
- maintains this website for the dissemination of career-related information.
Levels of Membership
Professional/Regular – Counselors, counselor supervisors, counselor administrators, counselor educators and others who hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and are employed in the area of career development. $45.
Associate – Individuals interested in career development but not specifically employed in that area. Such members might include teachers, administrators, training and development specialists and paraprofessionals. $35.
Emeritus – Professionals retired from active employment and interested in maintaining knowledge in career development issues. $25.
Student – Students enrolled at least half-time in a graduate program emphasizing career development. Persons employed full-time in any career development profession do not qualify for graduate student status. Graduate student status is limited to five years from initial date of membership. $10.
Membership to CCDA may be purchased online via the link below and is processed separately and independently from membership in CCA (California Counseling Association). Questions about membership options or membership status should be directed to the Communications Chair.
Join CCDA Today!